Scroll down to see the interview
Sam Silvera is an 18 Australian pro soccer player for the Central Coast Mariners. He has also represented the Socceroos youth national team! Sam has also played for the Western Sidney Wanderers, and was on of their most exiting prospects before his move to the Mariners. With WSW he won a u20 National Championship, and Youth Academy Player of the Year!
2. How did you feel after winning the u20 National Championship in 2017?
Winning the U20s championship was a very good achievement and to do it at a young age of 16 made it feel even better.
3. Being only 18, what’s your advice for other young players trying to become pro?
Consistency and being effective is key as well as playing the way you love to play but also being able to adapt to your coaches playing style.
4. Biggest difference from the u20s to Senior play?
The biggest difference is being able to think and act a lot quicker under a lot more pressure
5. What was it like to represent your country, Australia, on the international scene?
Representing my country was a very proud moment and a great achievement for me.
6. Favorite players growing up?
Ronaldinho, Robinho and Neymar.
8. Do you think Australia should implement pro/rel?
Yes 100% it is important for every league to have this as it makes the league more competitive and gives teams something to fight for.
9. Favorite song?
Chris brown - light it up
10. Coolest field/stadium you’ve played in?
11. Largest crowd you’ve played in front of?
12. Plans for the future?
To be the best I can and play at the highest level possible
13. Do you have any hobbies, if so what are they?
No I don’t!
14. What separates a pro from an amateur?
His or her professionalism on and off the pitch.
Big thank you to Sam for doing the interview. Insane young talent with a bright future ahead! Keep working!
Written by Chris Dailey
A huge sports fan who loves to learn about all sports, from every corner of the world!